Garlic Prime Rib
||1 Hr 30 Min
||1 Hr 40 Min
Recipe yield: 1 -
10 pound roast
- 1 (10 pound) prime rib roast
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
1. Place the roast in a roasting pan with
the fatty side up. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, olive
oil, salt, pepper and thyme. Spread the mixture over the fatty
layer of the roast and let the roast sit out until it is at room
temperature, no longer than one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
(260 degrees C.)
3. Bake the roast for 20 minutes in the
preheated oven, then reduce the temperature to 325 F. (165 degrees C.),
and continue roasting for an additional 60 to 75 minutes. The
internal temperature of the roast should be at 145 degrees F. (53
degrees C.) for medium rare.
4. Allow the roast to rest for 10 to 15
minutes before carving so the meat can retain its juices.
This is great served with a California red wine
such as Merlot.
(Click here for